All Electric – Vision VTOL Turbocopter
Personal and Family Transport
Forerunner of a new mode of transport for the 21st century
© The Waters Trust, 2014, All Rights Reserved
Single Seat Proof-of-Concept Prototype
Click HERE for BLOG updates
IMPACT STATEMENT: Imagine flying quickly, reliably and safely from your home to your workplace in your very own Vision VTOL turbocopter. Imagine having the freedom to visit friends or relatives in your family Vision VTOL without constraints of road transport. Imagine being able to travel in a fully automated (autonomous) aircraft that safely controls and flies the vehicle to your destination while you enjoy the scenery, daydream, snack, catch up with social media, emails or watch the latest news. This is the future of transportation. This is the Vision VTOL.
The first Vision VTOL will be a single seat model for just one person. The next model will have two seats followed by five for the whole family. It is envisaged the Vision VTOL design will be up-scaled so that transcontinental speed and distances will be possible reliably, in comfort, and safety. Furthermore, these aircraft will be able to take off and land almost anywhere. And not only for people but also for freight of all sizes and dimensions because the Vision VTOL design is fully scalable. Imagine a time when roads, bridges and tunnels are no longer needed – the old ones will be reclaimed, the materials recycled and the land given back to farmers.
Vision VTOL designer Mike Waters is shown here lecturing at a recent Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference in the US.
NOTE: If you haven’t already done so please Subscribe (above right) to ensure you are kept informed of latest developments.
In the footsteps of Henry Ford with his “Model T Ford” automobile and the Wright Brothers with their first manned flight comes the Vision VTOL with a new era in personal and commercial transportation!
The Vision VTOL Turbocopter can take off and land almost anywhere
The Benefits of the Vision VTOL Turbocopter
- Fully automatic flight
- GPS Guidance System
- Door-to-door aerial flight
- High speed travel – 4-5 times faster than cars
- Convenient – take off and land almost anywhere
- Scalable from 1 to 5 seats and then large versions including freighters
- Autonomous flight – capable of safe and dependable unmanned operation
- Built-in anti-collision technology
- Multiple safety features including a ballistic parachute system, already proven in aircraft for decades
- Affordable to purchase and fly (rapid re-charge at power-points in minutes)
- Minimal maintenance requirements
- Quiet – no engines – just fan/turbine noise
- Better for the environment – zero pollution
- All-electric inherent reliability
- No roads or runways needed
Is this technology real and possible?
The Vision VTOL Turbocopter was designed in 2006 but was not possible then. It has only now become possible because of the convergence of existing and breakthrough new technologies including:
- Lighter and more powerful electric motors
- Ring-Wings Ducted-Fans
- Lighter more powerful batteries (higher energy density)
- Drone control and stability technology
- GPS guidance and Autopilot systems
- Radar and/or laser anti-collision systems
- Sailplane (glider) cockpit design
- Low cost off-the-shelf components
Why is the Vision VTOL the future of aviation?
- Provides convenient, flexible, fast, reliable, nonstop point-to-point transport
- Traffic congestion and road-rage becomes a thing of the past
- Virtually eliminates loss of life and injuries
- Substantially cheaper to purchase and easier to operate than conventional aircraft and cars
- Viable alternative to infrastructure costs of roads, bridges, interchanges, runways, airport buildings
- Cost effective and simple to mass produce
- Huge cost savings across the board for families, commercial and governmental enterprises
- Inherently far safer and reliable than current transport vehicles and systems
- Automated door-to-door unmanned taxi/Uber type services using mobile/cell phone and credit cards.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) – Australia
Listen to designer Mike Waters in 2015 introducing the Vision VTOL to World Harmony’s Technology Assessment Team Here:
Mike Waters addressing the Breakthrough Energy Movement in 2013, Bolder Colorado